[FUGSPBR] notebook - essa eh para o historico

Fernando Monteiro fmonteiro em ccq.com.br
Qua Dez 11 20:28:59 BRST 2002

Oi Jean,

> Recentemente adquiri um notebook, Toshiba Satellite 1405-S151 e me
deparei
> com alguns problemas que achei interessante postar a solucao aqui,
para
> caso alguem tenha algum problema similiar futuramente.

Instalei o 4.7 no meu note (Satellite 2405-S201 rodando Win2k Server),
tive alguns problemas e consegui resolver. Postei no mailing
freebsd-questions (depois fiquei sabendo que a lista freebsd-mobile
cobre notebooks - coisa de newbie). Não postei aqui pq acho que o
pessoal que assina a fugbr tb assina os mailings do freebsd.org.

Aproveitando o seu ganho, repasso aqui o mail que eu mandei pra lá com
algumas dicas, inclusive de teclado: não sei se vc tem o problema de
duplicação de caracteres no X.

> Este notebook possui uma placa de rede onboard da intel que nao eh
> detectado pelo freebsd e nem funciona inicialmente, mas hackeando
> o source do sistema ela passa a funcionar.

Engraçado, pra mim apareceu fxp0 de primeira. Note que na instalação
eu tirei do kernel todas aquelas placas antigas.

Abaixo segue cópia da msg com dicas para o meu Satellite, devem ser as
mesmas que o seu.

[]ão,

Fernando Monteiro

BSD User BSD051090
Linux User #206885
Microsoft Certified Professional
Consultor de TI
0xx11 8114-3456

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Hello,

I've successfully installed FreeBSD 4.7-stable (now customized to run
the sound card) on my Toshiba Satellite notebook; the video (1024x768,
16bit) is running ok, there was a problem with the keyboard (ssomme
keyys wass haavving this behhavioor), and solved.  I'm listing the
X86Config lines that worked for me and the workaround for the
keyboard.

As I use a USB mouse, I've not paid attention to touchpad pointing
device.

I'd like to share some info with other users that are using this
notebook and FreeBSD.

There's one thing that I'm not getting solution: on text mode, my
screen is reduced to a small 640x480 square. This LCD doesn't scale, I
loss about 1,5 inch of screen on each side. Is there a hack to get
text mode running @ 1024x768 ??

Regards,

Fernando Monteiro

=========

SOUND DEVICE DRIVER
===================

The Yamaha AC-XG is supported by pcm. Look on the Handbook, there's
install intructions. Kernel recompilation is required.

KEYBOARD
=========

This was my great trouble. When I was typing fast, some key were
bouncing, mmy textts aare beiing shhoweed likee this. =^(

My notebook has a US-Int keyboard, but my country language is
portuguese, I need to use characters like á é í ... Those Alt-Gs. Some
sites suggest to inlcude this option:

Option "XkbDisable"

on the section where the keyboard is configured on X86Config. But this
brings me some trouble, as I can't use Alt-G chars.

The workaround is use a small app present in ports, xkbctrl. It's use
is undocumented, there's the shortcut:

xkbctrl +bounce 50

GRAPHICS
========

This note has a S3 SuperSavage, the S3 Savage driver works fine.
Bellow is my

#
# Graphics device section
#