[FUGSPBR] Fw: HEADS UP: FreeBSD-STABLE now has OpenSSH 3.4p1

Giovanni P. Tirloni gpt em tirloni.org
Qua Jul 3 22:26:31 BRT 2002

 OpenSSH atualizado de 2.9 para 3.4p1 na RELENG_4 (4.6-STABLE).

----- Forwarded message from Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des em ofug.org> -----

Date: 04 Jul 2002 02:36:01 +0200
From: Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des em ofug.org>
To: stable em FreeBSD.ORG
Subject: HEADS UP: FreeBSD-STABLE now has OpenSSH 3.4p1

I finished the upgrade a little over an hour ago, and my post-commit
buildworld just completed.  It should now be safe to upgrade.

Privilege separation is turned off by default, because it breaks
Kerberos ticket passing.  If you don't use ticket passing, or don't
know what Kerberos is, it should be safe to turn privilege separation
on in /etc/ssh/sshd_config (after make world and mergemaster, of
course.)

Please stay alert for any signs of ssh (particularly sshd) trouble, or
unexpected changes in OpenSSH's behaviour, including unexpected
changes in configuration defaults.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des em ofug.org