[FUGSPBR] Desligar o acpi no Free 5

FreeBSD Hack freebsd em vserver.com.br
Sex Ago 1 15:15:07 BRT 2003

Most modern laptops (as well as many desktops) use the Advanced
Configuration and Power Management (ACPI) standard. FreeBSD supports ACPI
via the ACPI Component Architecture reference implementation from Intel, as
described in the
<http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=acpi&sektion=4&manpath=FreeBSD+5.1-release>acpi(4)
manual page. The use of ACPI causes instabilities on some machines and it
may be necessary to disable the ACPI driver, which is normally loaded via a
kernel module. This may be accomplished by adding the following line to
/boot/device.hints:

hint.acpi.0.disabled="1"

Users debugging ACPI-related problems may find it useful to disable
portions of the ACPI functionality. The
<http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=acpi&sektion=4&manpath=FreeBSD+5.1-release>acpi(4)
manual page has more information on how to do this via loader tunables.

T+!

At 15:06 01/08/2003 -0300, you wrote:
>Pessoal,
>
>Instalei um free 5.1-RELEASE e atualizaei para CURRENT, quando o botao power
>eh apertado a maquina dah um shutdown, gostaria de desligar essa
>funcionalidade, pois acho um negocio perigoso. Como faco para desligar o
>acpi no free 5?
>
>Obrigado
>
>Renato

Leonardo Garcia
FreeBSD user since 2.1.5 (Long time ago)...
Windows sometimes is necessary, Linux NEVER.
My System NOW: FreeBSD 5.0, BeOS 5, QNX 6, SunOS (on Sun Ultra 2), WXP