[FUGSPBR] placa intel pro

Alexandre Camargo de Castro alexcama em terra.com.br
Qui Maio 22 03:27:13 BRT 2003

   Tentei instalar uma placa intel pto 10/100+ no freebsd 4.5 mas estou recebendo esse erroa

   warning: unsupported PHY , type=0 , addr=0

  Procurei na internet e parece que precisa mudar o SEEPROm  , o problema é quwe nao tenho a minima ideia de como fazer iss... algué ja teve esse problema ou sabe como posso fazer isso??
Abaixo segue o que achei na internet, desde já agradeco.

"Here is some info that may contribute to resolution of this problem.

 Intel has indeed changed the layout of the SEEPROM  for the newer
 chips (in my case 82559C).

 Offset 0x6 is not referenced any more in the 82559 data sheet. What
 remains in this case are the MDI-registers 2 and 3, PHY ID High and Low
 byte respectively. According to the 82559 data sheet:

 Register 2 = 0x02A8
 Register 3 = 0x0154

 For comparison, a 82555 has:

 Register 2 = 0x02A8
 Register 3 = 0x0150

 While trying to verify this I stumbled on a fundamental problem of not
 being able to get anything useful over the MDI. Another go at the 82559
 data sheet (section 9.1.7) hinted that one is supposed to reset (=0b)
 bit 28 (Ready) of the MDI Control Register when issuing an MDI command.
 Doing so did indeed solve the MDI communication problem and enabled
 succesful readback of the differentiating MDI Register 3.
 Even though I haven't found any explicit reference to it, it seems
 entirely adequate to handle the 82559 as comprising a 82555 PHY.

 After applying these mods, my Compaq Armada M300 with Mini-PCI NIC/Modem
 combo produces the following response to ifconfig fxp0:

 fxp0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
         inet6 fe80::2b4:c0ff:fe91:a6%fxp0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1
         ether 00:b4:c0:91:00:a6
         media: autoselect (100baseTX) status: active
         supported media: autoselect 100baseTX <full-duplex> 100baseTX
 10baseT/UTP <full-duplex>
         10baseT/UTP

 Hope this helps."