[FUG-BR] Migrando de Jabberd2 para eJabberd (ERA: Re: Instalando ejabberd no FreeBSD)

Lucius Curado shakuhashi em gmail.com
Seg Mar 6 09:45:43 BRT 2006

On 3/6/06, Renato Botelho <garga em freebsd.org> wrote:
> Você sabe se é fácil migrar do jabberd2 pro ejabberd?

FONTE: http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/jabberd2-to-ejabberd

Migrate from jabberd2 to ejabberd Submitted by
badlop<http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/user/1>on Mon, 2005-05-02 15:07.

This tutorial will help you to migrate a jabberd2 database stored in MySQL
to ejabberd. Since there is no direct way to migrate from jabberd2 to
ejabberd, you first need to migrate from jabberd2 MySQL to jabberd 1.4 XML
spool files with a Perl script. Afterwards you can complete the migration
process by pointing ejabberd to the directory containing the jabberd
1.4compatible XML spool files.

   1. Download jd2to1 jd2to1
<http://scriptrepo.jabberstudio.org/j2to1/>is a Perl script by Daniel
Henninger that migrates from jabberd2's MySQL to
   jabberd 1.4's XML. Save this file as j2to1.pl and make it executable:

   chmod 700 j2to1.pl

   2. Install Required Perl Modules The script jd2to1.pl requires DBI and
   XML::Simple Perl modules. If you have Perl installed but get error messages
   at runtime because of these modules missing, you can install them by
   running:

   cpan DBI XML::Simple

   3. Configure jd2to1.pl Edit jd2to1.pl and configure the following
   variables with the correct values:

   my $dbtype = "mysql";
   my $dbhost = "localhost";
   my $dbdatabase = "jabberd2";
   my $dbusername = "jabberd2";
   my $dbpassword = "password";

   4. Execute jd2to1.pl

   Now you can finally execute the script to export your database to XML
   files:

   j2to1.pl xml

   This will create a new directory 'xml' that contains the jabberd
1.4spool directory.
   5. Proceed now to the Instructions for Migrating from jabberd 1.4 to
   ejabberd Now that you have a jabberd 1.4 spool directory, you can use
   the tutorial to migrate from jabberd 1.4 to
ejabberd<http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/jabberd1-to-ejabberd>to complete
the migration process.

This guide was written by Stian B. Barmen on April 2005, and edited by
Badlop and Sander Devrieze.

 Um grande abraço,

  Lucius Curado.