[FUG-BR] FreeBSD 8 com vídeo GeForce 7150M

Renato Botelho rbgarga em gmail.com
Terça Dezembro 15 17:40:51 BRST 2009

2009/12/15 Ricardo Tweeg <rtweeg at yahoo.com.br>:
> Boa tarde a todos.
> Sou completamente novato em BSD.
>
> Quero colocar o freebsd no meu note e sentar o pau com ele para aprender na marra mesmo.
> Se eu ficar com dual boot no note não vai rolar e vou acabar não focando no freeBSD.
>
> Acontece que estou tendo problemas quanto ao driver de vídeo.
>
> Meu note: AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 2.10ghz (HP DV2940SE)
> Vídeo: GeForce 7150M
>
> No site da NVIDIA somente existe driver para 32 bits:
> http://www.nvidia.com.br/object/freebsd_190.42_br.html
>
> Aguém aqui no grupo teria alguma dica quanto algum driver de 64 bits alternativo que também funcione?
> Gostaria da opinião do grupo antes de ter que acabar usando o freebsd de 32 bits mesmo.

Já está disponível no ports o driver para amd64, como pode ser visto
no log:

Revision 1.94: download - view: text, markup, annotated - select for diffs
Tue Dec 15 00:08:08 2009 UTC (19 hours, 31 minutes ago) by danfe
Branches: MAIN
CVS tags: HEAD
Diff to: previous 1.93: preferred, colored
Changes since revision 1.93: +28 -10 lines

Update to version 195.22.  These are BETA drivers, and normally update would
not occur, but now it is special: it features long-awaited x86-64 (amd64)
support.  In order to use this driver release, your system will need to have
either FreeBSD 7-STABLE after 702106 or FreeBSD 8.0 and above.

Both the FreeBSD/x86 and FreeBSD/x86-64 driver packages include 32-bit Linux
ABI compatibility libraries; 64-bit Linux libraries may be included with a
future release (when support for Linux/x86-64 compatibility is added to
FreeBSD/amd64).  The FreeBSD/x86-64 package does not include the FreeBSD/x86
OpenGL libraries; however, the libraries shipped with the FreeBSD/x86 driver
package have been tested on FreeBSD/x86-64.

Port was updated to serve both versions seamlessly.  No need to specify
anything to distinguish between architectures.

I would like to thank everyone involved to make this happen.

Reviewed on:	-ports@

--
Renato Botelho