[FUG-BR] [Fwd: Re: parfait]

Nenhum_de_Nos matheus em eternamente.info
Sexta Novembro 13 02:02:34 BRST 2009

para quem se interessar em mais um tipo de comparação entre os sistemas. é
só mais um critério a se saber :)

e tem o artigo sobre o software. bem interessante :)

matheus

ps: pena que o FreeBSD não entrou na jogada.

Subject: Re: parfait
From:    "Brad Tilley" <brad em xxx>
Date:    Thu, November 12, 2009 22:00
To:      "Theo de Raadt" <deraadt em xxx>
Cc:      "OpenBSD Misc" <misc em xxx>

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 6:45 PM, Theo de Raadt <deraadt em xxx>
wrote:
>> I noticea tool called parfait is being used by some OpenBSD developers
to check code for problems. Is parfait available to average people?
Can't find a download for it.

>> http://research.sun.com/projects/parfait
>
> We aren't "using" it. B The people who work there ran it against our
entire codebase and sent us a log. B There's a fairly large number of
false positives to go through, but some problems are real and worth
fixing.

> This is the second time they have sent us a log. B For me, it is a game
to see how quickly we can go through the entire dump of errors they give
us, fixing all of them. B Almost done.

OK Thanks. Seems OpenBSD came out better than any of the other
operating system kernels they've been testing the tool against:
http://research.sun.com/projects/downunder/publications/documents/kca09.pdf

Brad

--
We will call you cygnus,