[FUG-BR] instalando ZFS no FreeBSD

Luiz Gustavo S. Costa luizgustavo em luizgustavo.pro.br
Quarta Setembro 16 12:24:55 BRT 2009

Um bom lugar é esse aqui:

http://wiki.freebsd.org/ZFSQuickStartGuide

tem alguns videos bem interessantes demostrando o ZFS no youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=zfs&search_type=&aq=f

Lendo o conceito do mesmo já é um bom alimento para ideias !!!

e se der, leia também sobre o hammer (http://www.dragonflybsd.org/hammer/)

*PS: O que mais me interessa no hammer é isso aqui:

     mirror-stream [[user@]host:]filesystem [[user@]host:]filesystem
	     This command works similarly to mirror-copy but does not exit
	     after the initial mirroring completes.  The mirroring operation
	     will resume as changes continue to be made to the master.	The
	     command is commonly used with -i delay and -b bandwidth options
	     to keep the mirroring target in sync with the source on a contin-
	     uing basis.

	     If the pipe is broken the command will automatically retry after
	     sleeping for a short while.  The time slept will be 15 seconds
	     plus the time given in the -i option.

	     This command also detects the initial-mirroring case and spends
	     some time scanning the B-Tree to find good break points, allowing
	     the initial bulk mirroring operation to be broken down into about
	     20 separate pieces.  This means that the user can kill and
	     restart the operation and it will not have to start from scratch
	     once it has gotten past the first chunk.  The -B option may be
	     used to disable this feature and perform an initial bulk transfer
	     instead.

Vide man do bicho:
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/cgi/web-man?command=hammer&section=ANY

Será que algum dia um "C-guy" portaria isso para nosso freebsd ?

--
Luiz Gustavo Costa