[FUG-BR] Enc.: CFT - Xen infrastructure and block I/O improvements

Matheus Cucoloto matheuscucoloto em gmail.com
Sexta Setembro 17 23:09:48 BRT 2010

Vamos testar galera....

Matheus Cucoloto
*Enviado usando Milestone

---------- Mensagem encaminhada ----------
De: "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs em scsiguy.com>
Data: 16/09/2010 23:23
Assunto: CFT - Xen infrastructure and block I/O improvements
Para: <current em freebsd.org>, <xen em freebsd.org>

At Spectra Logic, we are using FreeBSD amd64 under Xen to serve storage
to other Xen domains.  Over the past 9 months, we've made several changes
to FreeBSD's Xen support.  These include:

 o Support for backend devices (e.g. blkback)
 o Extensions to the Xen para-virtualized block API to allow for larger
  and more outstanding I/Os.
 o A completely rewritten block back driver with support for fronting
  I/O to both raw devices and files.
 o General cleanup and documentation of the XenBus and XenStore support
code.
 o Robustness and performance updates for the block front driver.
 o Fixes to the netfront driver.

Some of these changes have already been pushed back into FreeBSD, but the
bulk of them need additional testing, especially under i386 PV, before
they can be committed.  If you work in the Xen area, I'd appreciate your
review and/or testing of these changes.

http://people.freebsd.org/~gibbs/FreeBSD-head-xen-diffs_2010_09_16.txt

Thanks,
Justin