[REVISTA FUG] Fwd: LaTeX magazine class

Leonardo Pereira leonardolopespereira em gmail.com
Terça Dezembro 5 13:17:09 BRST 2006

Quem puder me ajudar também enviando um cartão postal de suas
respectivas cidades, ficarei grato ;)

Infelizmente eu tentei mandar em anexo o kit a mim enviado, mas a
mensagem foi recusada pela lista :(

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gianluca Pignalberi <g.pignalberi em tiscali.it>
Date: 22/11/2006 17:42
Subject: Re: LaTeX magazine class
To: leonardolopespereira em gmail.com

Hi Leonardo,
Sorry for answering late. I attached our starter's kit, along with a
very basic tutorial. Let me know whether it works for you and BSD or
not, or any advice you may have, or any help you need. Bye.
                                                Gianluca
P.S: I use to ask a "charge" for our class, even though you're not
forced to "pay" it: a postcard from the place where you live and, if you
release it in paper, a sample copy of your magazine. Thank you in advance.
My address:
Gianluca Pignalberi
Via del Pozzo, 34
04010 Cori (LT)
Italy

                                                Gianluca

Untar the file in a directory called issue_0X (pick your favourite number).
Try "make_pdf_article editorial" and "make_pdf_article
book_review-bash_a_z"; look at them, then try "make_pdf_issue".
The articles and the issue will be in tex_stuff/ as pdf files.
As you will see, there are the crop marks and the images are hires.
You can generate med and low res (without crop marks) by editing the
file tex_stuff/issue_head.tex. You have to replace the word "printing"
in the preamble with "subscriber" or "electronic". I think that's all.
Oh, no. The lores and medres images are obtained by ImageMagick: if
you find this feature useful, I'll send you the script to do the
conversions. Last thing: an issue has a barcode. To generate it,
change the corresponding entry in the file issue_head.tex to suit your
needs, and install GNU barcodes. The classes are taylored to work with
letter paper. I planned to program some paper independence, as well as
a look "transformation", but I have no time for. Surely I forgot a lot
of things, but I'm here to answer any question.
In case of windows: the scripts you should run merge two file to get
the master TeX files. You can do it by hand or using type. When
typesetting a single article you will edit the article.tex file to
write the article name.