[FUGSPBR] Livro sobre FreeBSD para download

Edson Brandi e.brandi em uol.com.br
Seg Maio 21 09:46:32 BRT 2001

Caros

	O livro

	FreeBSD: A Professional Operating System for Your PC.

	Foi liberado pelo autor para avaliaçao, voces podem baixar uma
copia do mesmo de: ftp://andrsn.stanford.edu/pub/introbook

	dei uma olhada no mesmo e acho que vale o download :-)

Descriçao:

Introduction: The book as a whole

Chapter 1: FreeBSD and UNIX

Chapters 2-4: Installing.
        Getting ready to install (including getting info from
        Windows on hardware, as it's Windows I assume most
        readers will be running); installing; post-install
        configuration.  Lots of screen shots of the installation
        process.

Chapters 5-8:

        These chapters are introductory hands-on finding
        out about UNIX and FreeBSD--some of the stuff
        covered in my newuser tutorial in greater detail;
        looking around, getting around, finding out what's
        happening; also installing and setting up the bash
        shell, and editing files (ee, pico, but mainly vi).

Chapters 9-11:

        Packages, ports, and software (run-down on applications
        from the various categories).  An earlier draft of
        the latter has been on my ftp site for a while, but has
        been removed.  The highlighted applications are those of
        interest to new users rather than professionals running
        major installations, but some of these are mentioned also.
        Including figlet.

Chapters 12-15:

        What I consider the "big four" that just about everyone
        wants to get working--connecting to the Internet (and
        using FreeBSD as a gateway), sound, X-Window, and printing.

Chapters 16-17:

        Building a kernel and upgrading with cvsup (ports and
        the system).

Chapters 18-21:

        Other resources; other tasks (getting out of trouble);
        miscellaneous.

Appendix: Hardware

[ ]'s Edson
                                                ,        ,
   Edson Brandi                                /(        )`
   Supervisor de Operacoes - UOL               \ \___   / |
   Fone:   0XX11 96555470                      /- _  `-/  '
           0XX11 32244103                     (/\/ \ \   /\
   ICQ at Work:  32512639                     / /   | `    \
   ICQ at Home: 100503189                     O O   ) /    |
Transforme seu PC numa Workstation Unix.      `.___/`    /
    Visite http://freebsd.ag.com.br             `-----' /

----
Para sair da lista envie um e-mail para majordomo em fugspbr.org
com as palavras "unsubscribe fugspbr" no corpo da mensagem.