[FUGSPBR] Duvida Patch Qmail

Carlos cat em iqsc.usp.br
Qua Dez 3 17:56:30 BRST 2003

Pessoal
Quando instalo o Qmail via ports os patchs ja são atualizados como os
abaixo?

# Apply patch that allows qmail to work with oversize DNS packets
patch -p1 < ../qmail-103.patch

# Apply the "qmailqueue" patch
# This patch gives you the required support for other popular addons like
Qmail-Scanner
patch -p1 < ../qmailqueue-patch

# Apply patch to make qmail-local and qmail-pop3d compatible with the
maildir++ quota
# system that is used by vpopmail and courier-imap
patch < ../qmail-maildir++.patch

# Apply patch for local timestamps.
# This will make the emails headers be written in localtime rather than GMT
patch -p1 < ../qmail-date-localtime.patch.txt

# Build support for "badmailfrom logging"
# and also build support for badrcptto functionality and logging
patch < ../qmail-badmailfrom-badrcptto.patch.txt

# Apply patch to add ESMTP SIZE support to qmail-smtpd
# This helps your server be able to reject excessively large messages "up
front",
# rather than waiting for the whole message to arrive and then bouncing it
because
# exceeded your /var/qmail/control/databytes setting
patch < ../qmail-smtpd-esmtp-size.diff.txt

# Apply patch to limit the size of bounce messages generated by our server.
# The patch will limit the size of the bounce to be 50K,
# or you can override this by setting a different value in
/var/qmail/control/bouncemaxbytes
patch < ../qmail-limit-bounce-size.patch.txt

Edit qmail-smtpd.c and change the code on the straynewline function
(around line 51) from 451 to 553
Without this you will get nasty loops forming when a remote servers sends
you an message with invalid
formatting. By default qmail will says something like  "I am not going to
accept that message at the
moment, you can try again later". However in my experience the sending
server will try sending the
same message again a few seconds later, and this will go around and around
in a loop for days on end
- consuming valuable bandwidth and resources. By changing the error code
to 553, it is making the
error be permanent ie "I am not going to accept that message, don't try
sending it again"

--
CAT