[FUGSPBR] LOAD BALANCE - Alguem conhece ou ja usou ?

Alfredo Tomio Junior atomio em sodisa.com.br
Ter Jun 24 15:41:36 BRT 2003

FROM: Olafur OsvaldssonDATE: 04/27/2002 20:02:00SUBJECT: RE:
load balancing with 2 nic cards possible? The FEC works for
me doing the following on 4.5-STABLE:

# cd /usr/src/sys
# tar -zxvf <path-to-download>/fec.tar.gz
# cd modules/netgrah/fec && make install

# kldload ng_fec.ko
# ngctl mkpeer fec dummy fec
# ngctl msg fec0: add_iface '"fxp0"'
# ngctl msg fec0: add_iface '"fxp1"'
# ngctl msg fec0: set_mode_inet

then it usually needs a "ifconfig fec0 up" to start moving
packets.

Uplink is to a Cisco 3534 with the two ports setup with
"port group 1 distribution source", using "distribution
destination" gives me
countless duplicates obviously because the same mac-address
is on both
interfaces.
I also added the mac-address to forward to both interfaces
using
"mac-address-table static"

With this setup the max throughput from one remote machine
is the capacity of
one interface, but that is enaugh for me.

/Oli

Þann 27. April 2002, ritaði Baldur Gislason eitthvað á þessa
leið:

> I have tried that fec driver, no luck. I get the interface
up, but when I try
> to transmit packets over it I get "invalid argument" or
something like that,
> I had the network cards hooked to a Cisco catalyst and I
had grouped the
> ports, and I've tried two types of network cards, 3com
905C and Intel
> EtherExpress 100
>
> Baldur Gislason
>
> On Saturday 27 April 2002 06:07, you wrote:
> > Gary Stanley wrote:
> > > Is it possible to split the load of IP traffic with 2
ethernet cards on a
> > > 4.x machine? I'm new to "load balancing" in a sense,
however, I'd like to
> > > try something that seems more "robust"
> >
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~wpaul/FEC/4.x/
> >
> > -- Terry
> >
> > To Unsubscribe: send mail to <EMAIL: PROTECTED>
> > with "unsubscribe freebsd-hackers" in the body of the
message

--
Ólafur Osvaldsson
Kerfisstjóri