Re: [FUG-BR] Servidor c/replicação

thiago em imbituba.sc.gov.br thiago em imbituba.sc.gov.br
Sáb Mar 25 14:49:13 BRT 2006

http://www.databasejournal.com/features/mysql/article.php/3288951

Muito interessante...

O que mais me chamou atenção foi isso aqui:

"Stability. MySQL claims in its press releases to be extremely stable, but
the 'word on the street' is that this isn't true. It is easy to blindly
repeat mantras, but again, it depends on your needs. Running a website
with 10 users a day? Even MS-Access would be stable! I have used MySQL on
high-volume websites, both its non-transactional MyISAM tables, and the
transaction-capable InnoDB table types. And yes, I have experienced table
corruption numerous times, but this could always (I think!) be blamed on
faulty hardware, and I have never had a problem recovering (with the
simple REPAIR TABLE command turning me into a master DBA). MySQL is used
in extremely high volume environments without problems. PostgreSQL's
advanced features are more likely to be stable than the newer MySQL
equivalents, having been implemented for longer. However, replication is
much newer in PostgreSQL than MySQL, so the reverse applies. But here
again, the supposed commoditization of databases means that database
stability is taken relatively for granted, and the software tends to be a
lot more stable than the hardware it relies on."

Saudações,