[FUG-BR] [off topic] Placa de rede Marvell

ThOLOko tholoko em gmail.com
Terça Abril 1 17:50:17 BRT 2008

Mais um dia de derrota para a Marvell...

Olha que eles me disseram:

Hi Thomaz,

 I checked with the developers and they told me that the 88E8040 device
should operate in at least the v6 FreeBSD. here is some information that
should help once the driver module is loaded into the OS:

>From the following info in the readme:

 In order for the system to load the driver automatically on booting, the
following line must be added to the file /boot/loader.conf:
if_myk_load="YES"
 In addition to this, the following line must be added to the /etc/rc.conf
file to configure the interface when the system is booted:
ifconfig_myk0="inet 192.168.100.1"
 This assumes a local IP address of 192.168.100.1. You must replace this IP
address with your computer's IP address.

 On reboot, the driver will be loaded and the interface configured
automatically.

It is also possible to load and unload the kernel module by hand. To load
the kernel module by hand, type:

kldload if_myk.ko

To unload the kernel module by hand, type:

kldunload if_myk.ko

 It looks like the following commands either need to be entered manually or
can be added to the /boot/loader.conf for the first one and the /etc/rc.conf
for the second one:

if_myk_load="YES"

and

ifconfig_myk0="inet 192.168.100.1"

 Hope that this helps. If you have already done this and it did not work
let me know and we can research this further.

 If there are any errors or log entries relating to the Yukon device and a
failure of the driver to load please forward these to us.

Thanks!

Kind regards - Terry Appling
Application Support Engineer
www.marvell.com