[FUG-BR] [OT] Dru Lavigne: BSDs versus Ubuntu

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu em FreeBSD.org
Sábado Setembro 5 21:51:17 BRT 2009

// Às 3 da manhã eu não vou perder meu tempo para traduzir este e-mail

On Sat, 5 Sep 2009 20:59:50 -0300
irado furioso com tudo <irado at bsd.com.br> wrote:

> talvez eu não tenha entendido po**a alguma do post da Dru Lavigne:
>
> / texto
> Why Why Not Ubuntu?
> Calling all FreeBSD and PC-BSD users:
>
> I'm writing a sub-chapter on "Why not Linux" to highlight the
> advantages of PC-BSD over Ubuntu. I need help researching:
> [...]
> /fim texto
>
> http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/bsd-guru/why-not-ubuntu-33927
>
> acho que eu sou incompreensível mas me pareceu bem coisa de xiita e,
> pra falar francamente, vindo de quem veio me surpreendeu de maneira
> bem desagradável.

Yes, you are missing the point of Dru's post entirely. But then, your
attitude matches you nick (and yes, I'd appreciate knowing with whom
I'm talking with). Next time, please do try to _read_ and _understand_
before trolling. Thanks.

Here is the whole post, you might want to read again the last two
paragraphs:

Calling all FreeBSD and PC-BSD users:

I'm writing a sub-chapter on "Why not Linux" to highlight the advantages of PC-BSD over Ubuntu. I need help researching:

- what features does PC-BSD provide that Ubuntu doesn't?
- what does PC-BSD do better than Ubuntu?

I aim for this to be a fair comparison (after all, in the end it is a matter of preference and sometimes just boils down to preferring either KDE or GNOME), but would like to include any feature differences from the PC-BSD perspective. Off the top of my head there is ZFS. What else?

Fact-based comments welcome. Also, if you've used both operating systems, please post your experiences.

There are times I wonder why I spend a few hours per day improving
BSDs ....

--
FreeBSD committer -> itetcu at FreeBSD.org, PGP Key ID 057E9F8B493A297B