[FUG-BR] Samba3x -> Samba4 - dúvidas

Tiago Ribeiro shasty em gmail.com
Terça Setembro 24 19:19:19 BRT 2013

Boa noite, estou com algumas dúvidas rem relação ao samba4, primeira,
retirada do UPDATING

20130218:
   AFFECTS: users of net/samba4-devel
   AUTHOR: timur at FreeBSD.org

   The port was renamed into net/samba4 and is going to replace older
   development version of Samba4. You can upgrade it with:

   # portmaster -o net/samba4 net/samba4-devel

   In case you want to upgrade from net/samba36 make sure, that you've
   made backup of /usr/local/etc/smb.conf and the content of /var/db/samba/
   directory.

   There is no direct upgrade path from Samba3 to Samba4, but you can
   always try:

   # portmaster -o net/samba4 net/samba36

   Make sure you've read instructions from the supplied README.FreeBSD
   file and read all the relevant pages on http://wiki.samba.org/

   We still miss necessary support for Samba4 from base ntpd and bind9,
   port versions are also are not ready yet, but been worked on.

   Please note, that Samba4 is still in it's early days, so there are
   bugs both from my side and it's own, so be careful with placing it
   into production.

Vale a pena fazer ou tentar o upgrade da versão 3.6 para o 4? Alguém
fez? Teve sucesso?

Segunda parte, tem um Debian 5 com samba 3.5, já li alguma coisa sobre
upgrade do
samba 3 para o 4, tem uns backups e conversões pra fazer, será que vai
ser muito sinistro?
Ou tem chance de ter sucesso, meu objetivo é ir do samba35 (debian) para
o samba4 (FreeBSD).

Qualquer dica é bem vinda.

--
http://www.bsdjf.com.br