[FUGSPBR] Re: [FUGSPBR] Time Zone do FreeBSD

Ricardo Campos Passanezi riccp em ige.unicamp.br
Qui Nov 14 12:02:46 BRST 2002

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 11:37:48AM -0200, Marcio Merlone wrote:

> No, no, no, no.... o "S" significa "Standard" e o horário de verão tem a
> letra "D", que significa "Dayligth não-sei-o-quê" :)

"No, no, no, no...." again :-)))

Veja (/usr/src/share/zoneinfo/southamerica):
# Earlier editions of these tables used the North American style (e.g. ARST and
# ARDT for Argentine Standard and Daylight Time), but the following quote
# suggests that it's better to use European style (e.g. ART and ARST).
#       I suggest the use of _Summer time_ instead of the more cumbersome
#       _daylight-saving time_.  _Summer time_ seems to be in general use
#       in Europe and South America.
#       -- E O Cutler, _New York Times_ (1937-02-14), quoted in
#       H L Mencken, _The American Language: Supplement I_ (1960), p 466
#
# Earlier editions of these tables also used the North American style
# for time zones in Brazil, but this was incorrect, as Brazilians say
# "summer time".  Reinaldo Goulart, a Sao Paulo businessman active in