[FUGSPBR] Problema no Apache ???

Alexandre Vasconcelos alexandre em fugspbr.org
Ter Jan 20 08:30:53 BRST 2004

Antonio Torres wrote:

> At 10:51 19/1/2004, you wrote:
>
> Acho que não entendi !!!!!!
>
> seria bom consultar o Handbook e verificar a nomenclatura dos "branchs"
>
> STABLE *é* o recomendado para produção; ele é exatamente isso: estável:
> já tstado e com todos os 'bugs' encontrados, desde a RELEASE, corrigidos.
>
> RELEASE é o que "acabou de sair do forno", sem testes exaustivos e, com
> certeza, ainda com 'bugs'.
>
> Eu, como *extremamente* paranóico, sigo a documentação oficial, uso o
> *STABLE* para servidores de produção e RELEASE/RCs para testes.

;)
Do Handbook, cap. 21..

21.2.2 Staying Stable with FreeBSD
21.2.2.1 What Is FreeBSD-STABLE?

FreeBSD-STABLE is our development branch from which major releases are
made. Changes go into this branch at a different pace, and with the
general assumption that they have first gone into FreeBSD-CURRENT for
testing. This is still a development branch, however, and this means
that at any given time, the sources for FreeBSD-STABLE may or may not be
suitable for any particular purpose. It is simply another engineering
development track, not a resource for end-users.
^^^^^^^^^^^        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

21.2.2.2 Who Needs FreeBSD-STABLE?

If you are interested in tracking or contributing to the FreeBSD
development process, especially as it relates to the next ``point''
release of FreeBSD, then you should consider following FreeBSD-STABLE.

While it is true that security fixes also go into the FreeBSD-STABLE
branch, you do not need to track FreeBSD-STABLE to do this. Every
security advisory for FreeBSD explains how to fix the problem for the
releases it affects [1] , and tracking an entire development branch just
for security reasons is likely to bring in a lot of unwanted changes as
well.                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Although we endeavor to ensure that the FreeBSD-STABLE branch compiles
and runs at all times, this cannot be guaranteed. In addition, while
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
code is developed in FreeBSD-CURRENT before including it in
FreeBSD-STABLE, more people run FreeBSD-STABLE than FreeBSD-CURRENT, so
it is inevitable that bugs and corner cases will sometimes be found in
FreeBSD-STABLE that were not apparent in FreeBSD-CURRENT.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*--*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
For these reasons, we do not recommend that you blindly track
FreeBSD-STABLE, and it is particularly important that you do not update
any production servers to FreeBSD-STABLE without first thoroughly
testing the code in your development environment.

If you do not have the resources to do this then we recommend that you
run the most recent release of FreeBSD, and use the binary update
mechanism to move from release to release.

Abraços,
Alexandre